Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween at USDA


October 30th (Friday), we had a small Halloween lunch party!




Many co-workers were out for meetings.

Lisa (a girl) who is a high school student works for us for an internship. Mr. gorilla is my one of supervisors. Steve is my best friend and like my second father.




Who is the girl or gorilla with a pizza? I am a child of Mr. gorilla (above the picture: my supervisor, Steve)?

He and I are human beings (HOMO), of course. We borrow the mask from our supervisor, Peter.



Two witches are o
ther Japanese co-workers at USDA. They are really hard and good workers! Mariko who wears a black hat works with our team under Peter. Yu who wears a green one works with another team but is a good buddy!





I
like this shot! A human and gorilla can be a good friend.






Ms.
witch and Ms. devils are one of my lovely co-workers who support scientists and lab assistants. They do office work!

They are really warm-hearted, and I kealoha (love) them.



Again, I thank all of them being my supporters. Of course, we support each other like `ohana.




What kind of work I do? I am a lab assistant for rearing insects, especially Light Brown Apple Moth. Before some produces are shipped out of the island to other countries, we have to treat them to control its population. With Peter, my team is working on food irradiation. Mariko, Lisa, and I rear thousands of the insect for Peter who has published many researches about the irradiation test.

Does it make a sense?






The work can be a really stressful depending on what kind of personalities you have.

I had stress before; however, I have been learning how to balance myself.
The work I do can be less stress if I do not put a lot of pressure on myself.

Yes, TAKE IT EASY.

I play a lot of jokes with other workers who also enjoy humor sense, talk stories, and have tea time with my team members.



I am not a scientist or biologist (but maybe an entertainer??). I am a just a Liberal Arts student. I was fortunate to be hired.




Anyway, we had a good time on a day before the Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment