Monday, May 24, 2010

Tsunami 50th Memorial Day


On May 23rd, 1960, a hug tsunami destoried Hilo.
Today had a 5oth memorial day.

Nichiren group in Hilo celebrate this day at the park.

A beautiful park was enjoyed with many local people.

Many birds rest here, and a pond provides relaxing atmosphere.




More than 61 people died due to Tsunami.

We put more than 61 electric candles to pray and remind us about them.





I thought it would be rain; but the sky cleared of clouds.
We had a beautiful sunset and night.




Tsunami is just dynamic.

We live in a dynamic world.







In the same night, we were given delicious dishes at friend's house.

I took this photo because it was so neat.

Baking sweet potatos and Musubi with charcoal made special.

It reminded me beauty of Japanese tradition at home.

I really love to be at the friend's house.

She always cooks nicely. I am glad to know her!

2 comments: